Monday, May 2, 2011

Pizza and Games

We met Jeremy and Tanea and Austin and their friend Russell at the Flying Pie Pizzerie tonight. It was the first time I had seen Jeremy since his family moved away from Nacogdoches--many, many years ago. He looks and sounds a lot like his father, my nephew Dave. He is following in his dad's footsteps too, as a balloon artist and juggler. He says his dad is juggling fire now.

We had a great time enjoying the pizza and playing games. The Flying Pie encourages game playing, and Chris brought a selection along. Some of us played Can't Stop! and all of us played three games of Wits and Wagers. Good thing I wasn't betting the farm--I'd have lost all of it!

On the way home, Chris and Annie and I stopped at Rimsky-Korsakoffee House for dessert. The food was delicious, but the real attraction was the quirky decor and atmosphere. I was told I needed to see the restroom, so I was forewarned, but I still recoiled when I opened the door to find this waiting for me:


On my walk earlier today, I found the sidewalks and roads paved with pink petals from the flowering trees.


Sorting through photos again today. I made a lot of progress towards picking out 500 to send off to be digitized.

0 comments: