Monday, May 9, 2011

Home Again

Today was another airline travel day--always tiring and stressful for me. Chris got up early and fixed a nice breakfast of cheese omelets and fried potatoes with strawberries and yogurt. Annie and Chris hugged me and wished me a safe trip. I was sorry to be leaving them, but ready to be home.

Annie in her usual pose--reading a book, of course.

I drove the rental car back to the airport. Fortunately, that's an easy drive and took only 15 minutes. Turning in the car at Dollar took a bit longer because the nice lady forgot to take off the charge for a tank of gas. I had prepaid, but returned the car full.

The flight was completely full--every seat, so no space to spread out. But any trip that ends in a safe landing is a good one. We touched down in Dallas on time, and Ken picked me up in Ed's Lexus Hybrid. He had returned the Lexus loaner and picked up the truck today, but only to deliver it to the Chevy dealer for more work.

We went to Ed's for dinner. I landed near 6:00 p.m., just in time to join Ed and Julie and the kids and Julie's mom and dad for a nice meal (another of Gina's Skinny Recipes). We got to see the new door that Jerry installed for Jesse's room. Of course it's a professional job, and makes a big difference in the noise level in his room. It looks like it has always been there and matches the other doors perfectly.

After dinner, I played Sorry with the kids, and it was late when we finally headed back to Lake Park. I was tired but glad to be home.

Tomorrow morning we'll have to set our clocks for 5:00 a.m. Ouch! We'll be picking Ed up to go to the airport. Jerry and Martha are heading out of town by 6:00 a.m., and we'll pick Ed up around 6:30 a.m.

0 comments: