Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Another Very Quiet Day

We really love the peace and quiet here. There's not even a train. (Ken says, "How can it be a campground with no train?)

We walked around the Deer Haven Loop and the Oak Grove tent camping area. We even found a way out to the water without having to make our way through too many thick weeds. As we walked along the shore, we saw a great white heron, a great blue heron, and some little unidentified shore birds.





We showered at the shower house, because we don't have a sewer connection. When we were walking back, another couple was walking along (must be from the motorhome, we thought). They commented that they really like to come out here during the week because there aren't any crowds. This evening we did see one new trailer on our loop. That makes three rigs, in addition to the two host sites.

I changed my passcode for my iPhone a couple of weeks ago to a long passcode--and promptly forgot it. My phone still responded to my fingerprints, but today I finally decided I had to fix the situation. That involves erasing the phone and restoring it from an iCloud backup. Everything went pretty smoothly, except that our network is so slow that it took a couple of hours to download all my apps. I think I'm finally up and running again.

We've been watching a PBS series called "How We Got to Now." Tonight's episode was titled "Glass." It's amazing to trace all the innovations flowing from the development of clear glass and to see all the collaboration at work along the way. The culmination of the show was a view of one of the massive fiber-optic undersea cables "in a secret location."

0 comments: