Friday, October 11, 2013

Visit and Laundry

We headed over to the Hurzeler house this morning with our laundry packed up and ready to do while we visited. We got to see Debbie and Robbie and Sam--always good to catch up with them--and Christine came over after school.

Dick went to a poetry meeting in the afternoon. Tomorrow he has an all day get together out of town with another poetry group.

Carol had saved up back issues of Vegetarian Times and some wellness newsletters she gets. I always have plenty to read at Carol's, and she also brought out a book called Killer Nurse about a real life case in Lufkin.

Of course she also had a puzzle underway, one with 1000 small pieces titled "Phoenix." The puzzle picture was a collage of familiar landmarks and signs, each one quite tiny. Carol doesn't care for puzzles with lots of monochrome pieces, like sky. She finished a similar "Cleveland" puzzle yesterday and gave it to me. Right in the center is the square downtown with the Terminal Tower and the Society National Bank building where my dad once worked as a junior partner in an accounting firm. Lots of memories.

Carol made a delicious recipe from Vegetarian Times for lunch: Moroccan Potato, Carrot, and Chickpea Stew. She also had some marinated veggies in the fridge. We really enjoyed both of these and plan to make them ourselves, so I've hunted them up on the internet and copied them to my Evernote recipe list.

I came over prepared to spend the night if there were garage sales in the offing for Saturday morning. Carol likes to get an early start, and several ads said their sales would start at 7:00 a.m. Everyone here goes to bed early, so I retired to my bed to read about 8:15 p.m. By 9:00 p.m. I was nodding off over my book.

0 comments: