Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Life of Pi

We biked around the state park again today. After our ride, Ken stayed in the park with camera and tripod while I headed home and worked on some chores.

Mockingbird in one of the bushes on our site

Heron fishing at the resaca

Red winged blackbird--one of thousands

Green jay on feeder

Goldfinch

Tonight we went with some friends to see The Life of Pi in 3D at the Cinemark Hollywood on Nolana. We haven't been to that theater before. The movie was quite an experience, the first 3D movie we've seen since Avatar. To me, the story seemed a bit uneven, with the central section, Pi's time on the lifeboat with Richard Parker, the tiger, is the best. It certainly has the most stunning cinematography.

I installed the Cinemark app on my phone, as suggested by the pre-movie show, so that I could use the CineMode. I wanted to check out the promised rewards. If you stay in CineMode for the entire movie (which means no texting, etc.), you get an on-screen reward. As a new user, I earned a medium soft drink.

0 comments: