Friday, December 16, 2011

Winter

The high here today was in the 50s, but it certainly felt rather chilly when we went for our walk this morning. Julie was wearing her hooded jacket and some neat convertible glove-mittens. I wore my sweater with my denim shirt and then my lightweight hooded jacket on top, with a scarf around my neck. Altogether that layering kept me warm enough to enjoy our walk.

Julie pushed Jesse in the jogging stroller and held onto Charlie's leash, and I held on to Bijoux's leash. We walked about three miles, mainly along the walking biking trail through the neighborhood greenbelt. It makes for an enjoyable walk.

The other thing we did today was plan and shop for the party Sunday. Several people are coming and bringing things. We bought some bone-in half turkey breasts at Sprouts along with some fruits and veggies and ingredients for sweet potato casserole. I made the casseroles and put them in the fridge in the garage, with the streusel and pecan toppings in separate containers, with a plan to put them together and bake them on Sunday.

We played The Kids of Carcassonne again this evening. Sam was the biggest loser, so he got to lead the parade (definitely a good consolation prize!). Ed didn't play because he was making the blonde brickle brownies--except that some of them are actually peppermint rather than brickle.


Ken wasn't feeling too well when he called this morning, so he rested up today. He felt better after a good nap.

0 comments: