Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Home Again

Ed got up early this morning to drive me to DFW for my 8:45 a.m. flight to McAllen. I had a chance to get hugs and kisses from Cate and Sam and Jesse and say goodbye to Julie before we left for the airport. We got to Terminal C around 7:10 a.m., earlier than I expected. Getting through security was pretty quick--including another full body scan.

As usual, I had plenty of time to sit around the airport, vigilantly guarding my carryons (if a stranger asks you to transport something, don't do it!) and being sure to keep my liquids in under 3 oz. containers in a single quart size plastic bag.

[photos later]

Anyhow, the flight took off pretty much on time, and everyone had plenty of room to spread out. Only 10 or 20% of the seats were filled. Ken suggests that more people are leaving the Valley for the holidays than are coming to the Valley to celebrate.

I had a great visit, but it's nice to be home. It would be nicer if I weren't sick, darn it! I'm definitely coming down with something (sore throat, congestion, general sick feeling). Somehow every time I visit the grandkids, I manage to pick something up.


I'm scheduled for a mammogram tomorrow afternoon, my first one in the Valley. I'm hoping all goes well.

0 comments: