Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mammogram

Today I went to the Women's Imaging Center in McAllen for my routine annual mammogram. I always hope it's just a routine, since I've had biopsies and extra views several times. Like all women, I have some concerns about the possibility of breast cancer. In the last year, two of my friends have been diagnosed and treated.

We didn't have much time after that appointment to eat and get ready for Joe Saltel's dance tonight. We had done most of the prep work for dinner, so it was pretty quick. We had Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette, a Barefoot Contessa recipe that I modify a bit to make it lower fat. We really enjoy it.

After the dance, we went to the HEB at 10th and Trenton. I called yesterday to order a loaf of La Brea Bakery whole grain, and it was actually ready.

I'm still not feeling terrific, but maybe I'm getting better, slowly.

0 comments: