Friday, December 23, 2011

Another Quiet Day

It was overcast and chilly again today. We went out only twice, to go to the exercise room and walk on the treadmills. So far we've been lucky and both of them have been available. This afternoon, someone was on one of the treadmills, and I got ready to use an exercise bike instead (not my preferred exercise), but she was just finishing, so onto the treadmill I went. I guess we're like little hamsters, running in our wheels, except that we also get to watch CNN!

We've been doing some trip planning for next summer. We have a lot on our list, but we're still tentative (plans written in Jello). We're definitely going to the National Square Dance Convention in Spokane, WA, in June, where we're hoping to meet up with some of our friends from Southern California. We're booked for an Alaska cruise in July, with Chris and Annie. We'll be visiting Jeff and Tiffinie in Las Vegas and Rebecca and Cathy in Apple Valley, CA.

Beyond that, we're hoping to visit the south rim of the Grand Canyon. We went to the north rim with our friends, Dennis and Cheryl, in 2009. And maybe we'll make it to an Escapade finally, in Sedalia, MO, in September. If it works out, we'll be going to Junction City, KS, to order a new fifth wheel from New Horizons in April, with a plan to pick it up later in the summer.

Lots of planning to do, and lots of fun to look forward to, seeing friends and loved ones and seeing more of this magnificent country.


I'm feeling much better, but had trouble sleeping last night. I took a quick nap this afternoon and hope to catch up on my sleep tonight. I don't do well when I'm sleep deprived!

0 comments: