Saturday, December 24, 2011

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Today is Chris's 46th birthday, and a reminder for me of a wonderful event on Christmas Eve 1965. Best Christmas present I ever received. I talked with him this afternoon. He was having a quiet day: breakfast with Shawn and Annie and then game playing with Annie. One advantage of having a Christmas Eve birthday is that you almost never have to work on your birthday.

We had a quiet day here too: laundry, walking on the treadmills in the exercise room, doing some last minute shopping. We bought the ingredients for the pea salad we are bringing to the dinner tomorrow at the park. Being out shopping on Christmas Eve reminded me of the many times I found myself in crowded stores and traffic, looking for last minute Christmas gifts when the kids were small.


We watched City Slickers (we had Tivo'ed it). Ken has seen it at least a couple of times before, but it was my first time to see it. I remember the first time I saw Billy Crystal in a movie. I was visiting Chris and he played When Harry Met Sally on his VCR. I thought it was hilarious. City Slickers, like 50/50, is both serious and often very funny. Curly, played by Jack Palance, steals the show.

0 comments: