Sunday, October 9, 2011

Exploring the Park

After a brunch of migas and black beans and fruit, we set out on our walk to explore the park, since it was dark when we got back from the clinic yesterday.

Maumelle is a beautiful park, laid out along the Arkansas River. We're lucky to have a riverfront site. Someone must have just cancelled before I went to Recreation.gov to reserve a space, because all the water sites are booked solid. The sites generally are very well spaced. We have additional space because there's a small shelter with a (nonfunctional) water fountain between us and B30, our neighbor west of us.

Something that is unusual is that the day use area is intermixed with campground, mostly right in the middle. That keeps things a bit noisy during the day, but after dark it's very quiet.

Beautiful Arkansas River forms Lake Murray here

A fellow camper is a Michigan fan!


We've been trying for four days now to mail a couple of items, but haven't seen a mail box or post office. Today I checked the Mailbox Locator and found one at Kroger's nearby. Of course I also shopped at Kroger's when I dropped off the mail. Ken had decided not to come with me. Then I read some aging jokes Steve Spaulding sent along. One was "Old is when you don't care where your spouse goes, as long as you don't have to go along!"


I'm still itching and spent another night on the couch. I can't stand to have the covers over my feet, and I don't want to keep Ken awake. I think the meds are having some effect and hope for more progress tomorrow. I've got to get my feet in shape for dancing next weekend!

0 comments: