Saturday, May 15, 2010

Big Move

We made our big move today--all of 100 yds. or so. There was more to it than that, of course. We packed up and hitched up and drove to nearby Cottonwood, where we stopped at the Giant gas station, which has a free dump station for RVs.

After dumping, we went to Safeway to get some produce and return the balsamic vinegar I bought by mistake. I already had some. Actually, I knew I already had some, but I just couldn't find it. Of course when I brought the new bottle home, guess what--I immediately found the old one.

Then we went to Fry's Food. Near their gas pumps, they have a water faucet. Ken filled up our fresh water tank while I did some shopping. Then we came back to the dispersed camping area, but to a different spot. It's right at the end, with great views of the Verde River Canyon.



I found some great corn on the cob and strawberries at Safeway, both yummy for dinner.

Tonight the sky is finally really clear. Of course it's pretty dark here, and it's just past new moon, so the stars were sprinkled across the sky by the thousands. After our walk tonight we sat out and just enjoyed the night sky.

Tomorrow we'll do the North Wilson Mountain hike and the Sedona loop scenic drive.

0 comments: