Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sun Again

The sun came out today, so we finally had a chance to wash the truck. It was beginning to look pretty dirty, but as long as the forecast was cold and possible rain, it didn't make sense to get out and wash it. Now it's all shiny white again 8-)

This morning we danced to Joe Saltel. Hugh and Juanita, who knew Romney when, brought in a photo of him taken in 1988. Hugh showed it to me and asked if I recognized the handsome young man in the photo. I had to admit that I didn't. Romney was definitely slimmer then!

We picked up Ken's ring from the jeweler after having it resized, so now he doesn't have to worry about having it slip off his finger. Then we went to the HEB Plus to see what it was like and to pick up some groceries. The selection was by far the best we've seen in the Valley, so we'll be going back. They even had soft tofu, which we needed to make tofu pies for Christmas dinner.

After we washed the truck, we went and sat in the hot tub for a while, partly because we had been meaning to do it for some time, and partly because we thought it would ease the pain in Ken's leg. The hot tub was nicely warm and had very good jets. It did seem to help.















For supper we had cheese enchiladas, shredded lettuce and tomato, and summer squash sauteed with onions and parmesan.

I wrote a letter to Mia finally and included a photo. We've changed since we were in Nacogdoches in May. I feel bad that I am such a procrastinator--I meant to write much earlier. Christmas seems like a good time to get in touch with people who are important in your life.

Tonight we played dominoes--a very basic version with just a double six set. Ken beat the pants off me in the last hand, when I had to draw all the dominoes from the bone pile before finding the last one was playable. Of course Ken then played his single remaining domino, and I didn't even bother to count the pips I was caught with--it looked like zillions and zillions. Neither one of us found the game very enjoyable, so we'll look for a better two person domino game.

We are trying to play all our games at least once. Here are the ones we still have to get to (of course, there are also lots of card games....):

Backgammon
Chess
Clans
Farkel
Hera and Zeus
Perquacky
Reversi
Uno

0 comments: