Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Visiting Loretta

I started out this morning driving to a Target parking lot to leave the truck. Loretta picked me up (that big gold truck is easy to spot), and she drove to the Texas Rowing Center on Lady Bird Lake. She kayaks weekly with the 60+ Keeping it Fun group. John usually comes along, but this time he decided to give Loretta and me plenty of time to talk.

We kayaked for almost two hours with a really friendly and helpful group. It's been a while since the last time I kayaked any distance, so I was very glad of the support.

After the kayaking, we went back to the car to get our picnic lunches.


Afterward we had a leisurely stroll on the trail around the lake. Occasionally mountain bikers whizzed by, but we managed to dodge them. When we finished the hike, MapMyHike said that we had hiked 4.11 miles in an hour and a half. We needed to get started on the drive back to the Target and to home before the worst of the rush hour traffic, so we reluctantly walked back to the car.

I went into the Target to get some applesauce and chicken soup for Ken. Although he is better, he's definitely not well. By the time I got home, I wasn't feeling very good myself. Maybe Ken's ailment isn't food poisoning, but instead something communicable. Thanks, Ken! Pretty soon I was feeling quite wretched.

0 comments: