Friday, September 19, 2014

Ground and Floor

This evening Chris treated us all to a performance of Ground and Floor, a Japanese play in the Time-Based Art Festival put on by the Portland Institute for Contemporary Arts (PICA). (Commentary on a previous performance can be found here.) The performance was entirely in Japanese, with English surtitles on a large white cross-shaped screen behind the characters. Unfortunately our seats were far enough back (and my eyes are weak enough) that I missed a great deal of the dialogue. However, the music and unusual posture and movements of the performers conveyed a great deal.

Earlier in the day, Anara accompanied me on a bus ride downtown to the Apple Store for my Genius Bar appointment. All went well. The Apple representative working with me looked the phone over. He took the SIM card out and noted the salt crystals. He agreed that I was eligible for an out of warranty replacement phone. All I had to do was pay $269. The catch was that they didn't have one at this store. I ended up making an appointment to go to the Tigard store tomorrow, where they were holding a phone for me.

The rats are living in the dining area while we are sleeping in Anara's bedroom. That means we have more chances to observe them being cute.

One of Anara's rats, lounging in their new striped hammock.



0 comments: