Thursday, September 18, 2014

Birthday Celebration

We celebrated my birthday again this evening. Chris and Anara took us out for a birthday dinner at Nuestra Cocina, a Portland restaurant specializing in the cuisine of central Mexico. We had to wait half an hour on the patio for a table, because they don't take reservations. Once we got to our table, we had all sorts of delicious and unusual dishes, including a salad of "Grilled cactus, spicy green salsa, avocado & cotija cheese " and "Poblano chile stuffed with braised squash & Oaxacan cheese." It was all delightful, as was the company.

Chris and Anara had picked out some thoughtful birthday gifts. One was a jar opener. He has one, and I commented to him that it worked really well and would help me with the arthritis in my thumbs. It's an OXO Good Grips Jar Opener, very handy.


http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41XOeICyttL.jpg
The second present was a Wii remote, so Ken and I can play games together without having to switch the remote back and forth. Thanks, Chris and Anara!

We slept in a bit this morning, still jet lagging after our trip yesterday.

0 comments: