Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

I heard from all my sweet kids today--thanks! Terri sent me a virtual orchid from the Gardens by the Bay's Cloud Forest. Molly took her there today. Chris posted a pic of me from 1966, when he was just a little thing, and Julie posted a pic of me with Cate and Sam, also from years ago (though not as many!) and a pic of the Shaffer kids (Chris, Terri, and Ed) with me.

Sadly, my mom is no longer with us. I miss her so. She passed away just before Mother's Day in 2007.

Photo: Love

 CatesFirstBaseballGame009.jpg Photo:  This Photo was uploaded by julieshaffer24. Find other CatesFirstBaseballGame009.jpg pictures and photos or upload y...

CatesFirstBaseballGame009.jpg Photo:  This Photo was uploaded by julieshaffer24. Find other CatesFirstBaseballGame009.jpg pictures and photos or upload y...
We decided to take a day off from hiking and sightseeing. The weather forecast just didn't look good for outdoor activities. The wind is really kicking up the sand and dust. Instead we did our laundry and grocery shopping, so now we have clean clothes and food in the fridge.

The weather icons actually show a slight chance of snow around here the next two days. Brrr! We'll have to bundle up to go out tomorrow.


0 comments: