Sunday, June 30, 2013

Out to Lake Sidney Lanier

Our outing today was over to Bald Ridge Creek Campground where I showed everyone our New Horizons trailer. Ed and Julie and the kids were quite impressed. They really liked the kitchen especially.

Then we went over to the beach so the kids could swim and play in the sand. I put my suit on to wade out into the water with the kids. It was quite warm actually. I waded out so that I could take Cate out a little farther. She wanted to be in slightly deeper water. She is very smart about how far out to go.

The kids all enjoyed playing in the sand. I brought some water toys, some small balls and a Frisbee type thing, that the kids enjoyed playing with. Sam made friends with some other little boys in the water. We played toss with the Frisbee some and with the small balls. Jesse really liked running after the small balls in the water.

Julie made some very interesting black bean burger patties. The recipe called for quinoa, but she had some cooked rice so she made them with that. They were baked in the oven, and they came out really delicious. I'm going to copy the recipe, which came from Vegetarian Times.

I went for a walk by myself because everyone else was busy. It was after supper, and I had a good time listening to Pandora and to the radio while walking. Chris returned my call. He had been to the Apple Genius Bar because some dust got behind the lens of his iPhone camera. He took it in to be repaired, but it was not repairable, so they just reached in and grabbed a box and gave him a new one.

He told me about the play that he and Shawn and Anara had gone to see earlier in the day. It starred Helen Mirren and was based on the idea that the queen of England gets together weekly in a private meeting with her Prime Minister. The play presents an imagined scenario of each of the historic prime ministers meeting with the queen. Chris had expected that it would be a live play, but it was a broadcast of a live taping of a play. British broadcasting tapes and broadcasts each of the plays, which are available at some theaters in the US.

I talked with Shawn and with Anara also, and it was nice hearing their voices and keeping up with them.


I've been working with my new iPhone, putting apps on it and trying to figure out how it works. In many ways it's quite different from an Android phone, so there's a bit of a learning curve.

0 comments: