Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Visiting

The campground has quite a contingent of resident geese. They are beautiful, but definitely a bit of a nuisance, since they poop all over everything.


Today we headed over to Ed and Julie’s after lunch. Terri, Molly, Julie, Cate, and I went to get our nails done while Ed and Ken stayed home to entertain Sam and Jesse.

The shop we went to was called Lee’s Nails. Molly got a full set of acrylic nails, Cate got a manicure, Julie and I got pedicures, and Terri got gel nails. I definitely felt pampered, sitting back in a comfortable chair with my feet soaking in warm bubbling water and someone carefully softening and trimming and clipping and filing and exfoliating and rubbing my feet and legs with warm oil and finally applying a peach polish. The young woman who did my pedicure evidently did not speak much if any English, so we managed to communicate mainly through gestures. I was seated next to Julie, so we got a good chance to talk.

I could see that Molly was carrying on an animated conversation with her manicurist, who evidently spoke English well and translated the comments flying around the room in Vietnamese for Molly. Everyone was quite pleased with the results of our manicures and pedicures.

Later we walked to the pond in a park in the Lake Forest neighborhood to take some stale bread to feed the ducks.












0 comments: