Monday, July 1, 2013

Library!

Today Julie and I went for a walk before dinner down to the pond. Afterward we fixed some tofu and broccoli stir fry with rice and salad. Julie fixed chopped Thai salad For tomorrow.

After supper we played Ticket to Ride USA 1910 with Cate and Sam and Edward and me. Edward won, of course, but Cate was quite ambitious and completed as many trips as Edward did. They both completed nine trips, so they both got the Globe Trotter bonus of 15 points

This morning our big outing was to the library. All of the kids found lots of books to check out. Jesse very much prefers outer space books. Sam likes dinosaurs and got four books about dinosaurs, but he also got two books about other animals. Cate got lots of mystery books.

When we came out of the library we saw a very large turtle walking up the drive. Other people were gathered to look at it too. It was a soft shelled turtle, which I do not recall ever seeing one of before.

Ken was visiting with Romaine in Michigan.





Julie and I went to Kroger's to grocery shop. I enjoy shopping at Kroger's. They have a large section of natural foods.

I spoke with Ken Ullmer this morning. I was disappointed to hear that the parts had not yet arrived in Junction City. That probably means that our work won't get done this week. Ken is supposed to email me when he sends the parts out and give me the tracking numbers.

0 comments: