Friday, May 24, 2013

Waiting Game

We got up at 6:30 this morning so as to be out of the rig by 7:00 a.m. so the guys could start work. We could have slept in as long as we wanted--say, until next Tuesday.... That's when work is now expected to begin.

We spent the morning in the customer lounge. Doug and Melody were there for a while, so we talked. They are hoping to get on the road soon in their new Majestic.

This afternoon we went to Laundry Land, so now we have clean clothes. We also have a full tank of diesel and more groceries. The best part is that we stopped at Goodwill. I only bought two things, but both are things I'm really happy to have. The first is a set of four very nice cut glass wine glasses (.29 each).

The second is something I've been looking for: a replacement for my USC ID wallet. Mine is battered and worn, but well loved. The Velcro has worn off, and it's held together by strapping tape. I tried to get a new one from USC Bookstore, but they are no longer selling the kind I want, which has a small zipper coin pocket inside and an ID window outside with another one inside. It's meant to be a key holder too, so it has a key ring on one corner. I love it because it holds everything I need and is the perfect size to fit into a pocket or my fanny pack. There's only one thing: it's embossed "FHSU." I guess I'll be advertizing Fort Hays State University, but that's okay. My USC wallet will go into memorabilia.

This evening Ken made reservations to fly to visit his sister Romaine. She lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and he'll fly out of Atlanta while we're there visiting Ed and family. He's making a special visit now because Romaine has just learned that her ovarian cancer has returned, three years after her original surgery in April 2010. She has decided to go back on chemo, and the doctor has said she will be on it "indefinitely." Fortunately, Romaine's daughter Julie lives nearby and she has support from her church family.


We don't have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow morning. Yay!

0 comments: