Saturday, May 25, 2013

Dutch Baby?

Today was a rather quiet day. We celebrated the weekend by sleeping in until 8:00 a.m. I fixed a German apple baked pancake for brunch and learned that the recipe may also be called "Dutch Baby." I wonder where that comes from? The pancake turned out delicious, even though I definitely had a senior moment. As a finishing touch, I sprinkled the pancake wedges with powdered sugar. Only it was actually white flour, and what's worse, I didn't realize what I had done until we were almost done. Wince.

We biked around another nearby neighborhood this morning. This one was definitely uphill, and both of us ended up pushing our bikes up the last few feet, huffing and puffing. Of course that meant we got to fly down the hill on the way home. I got to use my new Avenir small panniers--actually, only one of them. They are marvelously easy to attach and detach and look really sharp. I am definitely going to love them.

We got a tour of Doug and Melody's new Majestic this evening. Several of the employees came in today to work on getting the trailer ready for occupancy. It's beautiful, with wood floors and granite countertops in the kitchen. They plan to stay around tomorrow to test out all the systems and then leave on Monday.


We had one icky job today, sorting through the contents of the vacuum cleaner bag, looking for a micro SD card from a camera. No luck, and the things are so tiny we may never find it.

We watched the final episode of Season 1 of Mr. Selfridge tonight. Although based on a true story, it is undoubtedly a soap opera, albeit a high class BBC soap opera. We'll have to wait until 2014 for Season 2.

0 comments: