Sunday, October 14, 2012

Airport

This morning we got up early so that we could leave by 7:00 a.m. to take Ken to DFW, Terminal B, for his American Eagle flight to Grand Rapids. It's a good thing we allowed plenty of extra time, because between the construction and the inherent confusions of DFW traffic flow, we did plenty of looping around trying to figure out where to go. Bottom line is that Ken was at the gate in plenty of time. It still took me quite a bit of going in circles and feeling totally frustrated by all the barriers and detour signs before I finally made it back out of the north entrance. Mission accomplished!

On the way home I stopped to get some diesel and to pick up some groceries at Krogers. Ken had an uneventful flight and actually landed earlier than expected.

I was expecting a quiet day with not much doing, and it started off that way. The most exciting thing I did was add some water to the fresh water tank and drain some from the gray water. Then I got a call from Kelley. She had come home from work early, and she and Mason invited me over for dinner.

I drove over to Frisco, about half an hour away, and found their house without any problem. It's a lovely home, and they share it with Mason's two dogs, Astro and Comet. Mason made shrimp gumbo for dinner--spicy and delicious! I got the grand tour of the house and made friends with the dogs (especially Comet). We talked about My Fit Foods and Mason's school plans.

Nice place! Kelley has, as usual, some creative Halloween decorating ideas.



We tried to Skype Terri, but she was evidently away from the computer. I was getting sleepy, so I said goodbye so I could drive home before falling asleep!

I read a medical thriller that I found in the laundromat. It was engrossing enough, but highly unbelievable and predictable.

0 comments: