Friday, September 30, 2011

Big Move

On our walk this morning we spotted a convocation of large birds. In flight, the undersides of the wing tips are white. Apparently they are black vultures, which are federally protected, although often regarded as nuisances or worse.


After our walk we drove to the dump station in the park to dump before relocating to site #22. It's farther from the water, but still a fine site. We have a good view of the lake out the rear windows.


The campground is filling up for the weekend, so it's a bit less quiet and peaceful than during the week, but overall not too crowded or noisy.


Yesterday evening while I was cooking dinner, I became increasingly aware that my feet were itching under my socks. Last night I put anti-itch cream on, but still was awakened several times during the night by the itching.

This morning I could see several blisters on my feet and a few on my legs. They looked a lot like poison ivy, except that they aren't clustered, and it doesn't make sense that I'd get poison ivy under my socks. I sure hope it gets better soon. I feel okay in bare feet, but socks and shoes and blankets irritate it a lot.

0 comments: