Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sunday at the Park

We set out walking this morning with a copy of the park map. We wanted to orient ourselves a bit, which is difficult given the hilly terrain here. We passed one man out walking who said "I've been walking here for ten years, and I still couldn't draw you a map of the place." That's about what we were thinking!

Carol sent a photo of one of their roses in bloom. Tyler is known for its roses, and this is a lovely example.



Here's a thought for today (from Gratefulness.org):

You do not need to know precisely what is happening, or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment, and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.  Thomas Merton
Merton is one of my favorites. The idea that we don't need to know exactly where life is going is good, because I often find myself a bit befuddled by the "blooming, buzzing confusion" of the world. Just watching one evening news broadcast is enough to make me aware of my own littleness in a vast and complex world.



0 comments: