Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ropa!

Several of the ladies from the park made a trip to a couple of the large ropa usada (used clothing) places on 23rd Street in McAllen. I rode with Jane in her blue Prius. She's a bluegrass fan, so I got to listen to her favorite group, the Gibson Brothers. She admitted to being one of their groupies.

We stopped first at Hancock Fabrics so Jane could check on the features of a sewing machine she is considering. Then we went on to Tres Dimensiones and Tres Hermanos and another smaller ropa usada store. I managed to find a denim shirt after climbing a mountain of used clothing and sorting through lots of it. When I went to pay for it on the way out, the guy at the door waved me out (most people buy lots of ropa). At another place I found a plastic tumbler to use by the sink in the bath area for 27 cents. You can tell I'm the last of the big spenders!


We made it home in time for lunch, after which I took a nap--it was really hot, and climbing the ropa mountain was a lot of exercise, I guess.

0 comments: