Sunday, December 20, 2009

Further Droid Adventures

Another quiet day. I copied my recipe files to my Droid, so now I don't have to move my laptop to the table to use my recipes--I can see them on my Droid on the counter. That's real progress, and it may even help me avoid skipping ingredients. However, I still managed to add 2 T of oil to the Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancakes, instead of 2 t. No system is foolproof (say, that makes me the fool, right?).

I've been trying to find a way to enlarge the fonts in the Gmail on my Droid, to no avail. A search of the forums shows that many other people are having the same issue. I tried one suggested solution, but it didn't work, so I uninstalled that app. Then Ken found a great browser called Dolphin that has several improvements on the built-in Google browser, including multitouch and "pinch and zoom." That means you can "stretch" the page with two fingers to make it bigger, or pinch together with two fingers to make it smaller. Voila! I now have Gmail that's easy to read. Now why didn't Google build that in to the Droid interface?

We spent some more time going over photos in July 2009. That was a busy time with our friends, and we have tons of photos, not all of them noteworthy, of course.

It was nice to hear from Chris. We talked about plans for camping in Yellowstone. We decided not to pursue the Grizzly RV Park option. Shortly afterwards we got an email from Grizzly apologizing that they had had an emergency, but we responded that we had made other plans.

We watched the first part of Cranford on Masterpiece Classic. We really like Dame Judy Dench.

0 comments: