Wednesday, February 25, 2009

IRS, Redux (Sigh)

I got another letter from the IRS about my mom's estate return for 2007. They lost it and want me to send another copy--a pain, but straightforward. Wrong! Nothing is ever straightforward with the IRS. Their letter indicates that they are as thoroughly confused as I usually am about the original versus revised 1041 (that's another long story), so now I have a call in to the agent....

This afternoon we broke away from our computers long enough to get out on our bikes for a short ride around the park. At one point we locked the bikes up and followed a hiking trail for a while. The scenery is ever-changing and always breathtaking.



An army of saguaro march up onto the mountainsides from the center of the park.


















The ocotillo buds are getting ready for their spring opening.

We spotted a smallish black bird with a crest sitting on a cactus. According to Kaufman's Field Guide, it looks like it's probably a Phainopepla (means "Silky Robe"). They eat desert mistletoe berries.


Ken looks for another good shot.

Edward just joined Facebook and invited me to be his friend. His profile photo is handsome and distinguished looking--even I might buy a used car from him 8-)

0 comments: