Thursday, October 1, 2009

Boston to Meet Chris

This afternoon Terri and I drove to Boston to meet Chris, who was in town for a grant meeting. After some confusion in Boston traffic, we picked Chris up and went to his hotel, then walked to Dok Bua Thai Kitchen for dinner. The food was really excellent. We shared some vegetarian entrees (Pad Thai Puk and Vegetarian Fried Rice)and a pot of hot Dok Bua tea (a light chai flavor).

Afterwards we walked to Sunset Tap & Grill where we played some games and chatted. Chris and I tried some of the 112 brews on tap (so many beers, so little time...). I tasted a couple of his which were way too hoppy for me, but I enjoyed some lighter ones. We played Boggle Master and Rummikub and talked a lot. We were sorry to leave, but Chris had to get up early to catch his plane back to Portland. Terri drove home, and of course I fell asleep.

Ken was waiting patiently for me at home with Sweetie.

Annie is in Outdoor School this week. Chris will pick her up tomorrow night.

0 comments: