Monday, November 17, 2008

Video Exercise

Lee started the morning by joining a group of ladies in the clubhouse for "Video Exercize," which turned out to be an enjoyable aerobics video. An ongoing issue is how to stay fit while RVing. Unfortunately our square dancing plans will conflict with most of the exercise sessions, but I am walking more since I got my new high tech pedometer. It's especially good that I can carry it in my pocket, since I tend to drop the ones that you clip on your belt. Plus it has a 7 day memory, and it keeps track of aerobic steps and minutes.

Later Ken and I biked the Mission Hike and Bike Trail. You can see the route on our Rio Grande Valley map . (It's the blue line extending from the green placemark for Bentsen Palm RV Resort to the violet placemark for the Hike and Bike Park.)
















We also explored the Retama Village development next door created by the same company that developed Bentsen Palm RV Resort where we are staying. We toured models of small retirement homes and homes with attached RV "Coach port", both quite attractive.

We finished the day by dancing to the calling of Randy Dougherty at Pharr South. There were fewer couples than last week, and the floor level was low, but we got to visit and dance with our new friends Hardy and Judy, Bob and Doris, and Bob and Pat.

0 comments: