Monday, November 24, 2008

Chicken Soup

Quiet day today. I (Lee) went to the 30 minute "Video Exercize" at the clubhouse. The video this morning was a "walking" cardio program featuring Leslie Sansone. Then I took Sweetie to get a bath, only I couldn't find the shop...so all I accomplished was some grocery shopping and getting quarters for laundry.

While we ate our lunch we watched an episode of American Experience featuring Charles Schultz--one we had recorded months ago. Peanuts has always been one of my favorites, probably because it resonates with my own sense of the enigmas and frustrations of life, but within a context of a world in which there will always be another shot at the football....

This afternoon Ken went to order new lenses for his glasses, and I cooked chicken vegetable soup. Yummy, and leftovers to boot. This evening we'll attend an A-2 dance at Pharr South called by Randy Dougherty.

Today was sunny and actually so warm that we turned on the air conditioning. Ken located the NABA headquarters on Google maps. We think we will be able to bike there, but we'll try for a cooler time to do it.

0 comments: