Saturday, February 27, 2016

We Made It to Mansfield

We made it to Mansfield this afternoon to put our home in storage for six weeks. It's the longest we have been away from our traveling home in eight years of full-timing. Fortunately we found a good spot, covered, with 20 amp electric, gated and patrolled, so we feel comfortable leaving our Majestic behind as we venture across the world.


For the next two days we're staying with Ed and Julie and Cate and Sam and Jesse. Sam invited me outside to watch him leap off their mailbox to catch a football in midair thrown by his sister. Actually after the first flying leap into the air resulted in a rather hard landing, he decided he could catch it just as well from his perch atop the mailbox.


Cate took an even more relaxed approach.


Jesse was more interested in playing tag, but by that time the photographer had gone inside.

Later we went to On the Border for dinner, and later still I discovered that my Fitbit Charge was no longer on my wrist. Even with special care to be sure the fasteners were firmly embedded, the band has never been very secure. Evidently it finally succeeded in jumping completely off my wrist while I wasn't looking.  After paying $87 for a Fitbit, it's disappointing to have it for only two months. I definitely will look for something more secure next time.


0 comments: