Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Ken's Day With Catt and Lee's Day With Kelley

Rebecca went to work today, so Catt and her grandpa had the whole day to visit. They went to nearby Big Bear Lake to walk around and sightsee. Catt drove in her appropriately decorated car. The lake is a favorite getaway destination for Southern Californians. It has mountains and evergreens and desert scenery.











Meanwhile, back in Texas, Kelley went to her morning job, and I took the truck to Sam Pack's Five Star Ford in Lewisville for new fuel filters. It turned out that we also needed rear brakes, and they also fixed a few more minor things, like the turn signal that quit working yesterday. Definite sticker shock, but it's important to keep the truck in good, safe running order. Everyone at the dealership was very nice, helpful, and professional.

After work, Kelley came to Lewisville and picked me up for a trip to Arlington. We went to visit her Nana, Jan. I last saw her at Kelley's graduation party in December of 2011, so it was nice to catch up a bit. Then Kelley and I went to Treetops RV Resort, which is near Jan's house. I wanted to check it out as a possible place to stay when we visit Ed and family, assuming that everything goes as planned and they move to Mansfield or the south Arlington area this summer. It's a great location, but I wasn't really impressed for the price.

Next Kelley drove to Cedar Hill State Park, but they wouldn't let us in because the campground is still mostly flooded. It would have been better to call first. Kelley drove me back to the Lewisville Walmart to pick up the truck. We ran into some rush hour slowdowns, but not too bad. I said goodbye to her until Saturday and headed out to Bluebonnet Ridge in Terrell. The traffic on I-635 was terrible, and I barely made it home before dar,


0 comments: