Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Birthday!

Today is my birthday--always wonderful to be reminded that I'm loved 8-) It started out a bit gray and rainy, but the sun managed to break through. We played three games of Through the Desert, and as is only fitting, I won two (points for longest caravans, reaching oases, stopping at waterholes....). We got out on our bikes and rode through the park one last time before we leave here tomorrow. Ken got me a peach pie, so we will have pie a la mode to celebrate.

When I took Sweetie for her walk, the western sky was pink above the dark trees, there were children's voices in the distance, and the crickets and cicadas were in full chorus. I have much to be thankful for, and the love of my family and friends is at the top of my list.

We also made it out to go shopping. One of the things we found was a hitch lock with a cable to secure our bikes. We had a locking hitch pin before, but no real way to lock the bikes on to the new hitch, so that's just what we needed.

We put a couple of loads of laundry on--the camp laundromat is very nice, so we decided to take advantage of the opportunity before we pack up camp in the morning and head to the repair facility.

0 comments: